Friday, June 12, 2009

DONE...

Well, not technically but with the diet portion I am DONE. After Monday and seeing such little results in the previous 10 days and frustration hitting a peak I decided to bag it. I can lose 1-2 pounds a week on Weight Watchers eating and still eat REAL food!

Now I am not bashing the diet itself. It really did work. I lost a total of 14.5 pounds in one month on it. It also helped me to get off the Diet Coke and be determined to eat healthier. I really feel like it has helped reset my insulin levels and hopefully that also means my thyroid and metabolism as well.

I started doing Weight Watcher eating rules on Tuesday, June 9. In the three days since, I have lost 2.5 more pounds. Go figure! Oh it reminds me that even healthy food tastes good. When you have been so deprived for so long, good food sounds fantastic. I am going to stay off the Diet Coke for sure. I have tried to eat only whole grains and brown rice when I have to eat carbs. I know that won't stay like that 100% but if I live that rule 90% of the time, then I should do fine.

I started my real journey with losing weight on April 9. To date I am at 20.6 pounds down! YEAH!!! Only 12 more to go before I am in healthy range. My scale says my Body Fat has gone down 4%. I have no clue how it knows or even how reliable it is but a loss is a loss.

It feels good to not feel like a big round balloon. I know I have more to lose but I can feel a significant difference and my self esteem is rising with each pound down. I still had a lady ask me in church if I was pregnant (something I haven't had asked in quite a while) and I started crying. I didn't lose 20 pounds to be asked if I was pregnant. Oh well...

Here's to another week and a few more pounds! I am 1 pound away from seeing numbers on the scale that will surely make me cry! YEAH!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you..I'm sure the lady didn't mean it. You're body has just changed and maybe in her stupidity she thought that was the change..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job, Jen!!! You are inspiring me (I've had a lousy 6 months)

    ReplyDelete