Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 8

Down .4. Not sure if that's because I didn't have the hormone shot yesterday or what. But the scale is going down and that is good! I found a good dessert today. I sliced some apples and sprinkled them with cinnamon and some stevia and microwaved it a little. Yummy. I think the caffeine is out of my system now and I have no headaches. That is super great!

I think the weirdest thing is that the cravings for anything I can't have is so high. Yesterday my partner at cub scouts mentioned something about roasting marshmallows....oh I want one so bad! I also thought of making Ramen for Tessa for lunch and that also sounded so good, and I am not even usually a huge fan of ramen. It is crazy how good some things sound.

Today I did have something that tasted different and yummy. I boiled some sliced roast beef in some beef broth with some onion, salt and pepper. The meat was very flavorful and tasted good. Not quite a french dip sandwich but doable until I can have carbs again in 5 weeks.

This is the HARDEST thing I have ever done. I can't dispute the numbers on the scale. Down 5.4 pounds in 5 days is not bad. But wow, I can't wait to have some other foods someday.

My new mantra is : I CAN DO HARD THINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment