Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 10

Down a total of 7 pounds today! Woo hoo. The thing I am struggling with the most of temptations of every sort. BriAnna made cookies last night and their smell assaulted my poor withering taste buds. I resisted of course and was happy to see the scale jump down 1.8 pounds this morning from yesterday.

The hardest part of this whole experience is finding a variety of way to eat the same foods over and over. Yesterday was a tough day as I just wasn't hungry at all. I don't know if it's the hormone shot that is keeping me feeling full or what, but I just have a hard time eating. Perhaps I know how much effort has to go into preparing each meal an that makes it hard too. Today I am going to grill a burger loaded with spices so I am excited about that.

Another challenge is finding time to prepare my own meals along with the rest of the family's food. The other night I made waffles for them and wow, the craving to lick the batter bowl as unreal. I love waffle batter! I resisted. I have not cheated once this week at all.

As tough as this is, I can see that the pounds are falling off. Even the inches are starting to show (on the measuring tape). I haven't noticed a huge difference in fit in my clothes yet but I am sure I will as this next week progresses. I find that I am changing how I feel a little about food. Right now food is merely fuel, nothing else really. So I am basically eating to live. Not the other way around. I hope to find a happy balance someday where I can still enjoy food AND remember that it is only fuel. It has been 7 days now without a Diet Coke and although I would love to have one, I am not as all consumed with the need for one. We'll see how things progress and if I ever drink one again. I am more concerned with the Aspartame than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment